Student Services Coordinator
Location Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The Student Services Coordinator promotes increased understanding and appreciation of diversity among the campus community by overseeing Signature Programs; and assisting to create marketing strategies and orchestrate global programming.
- Develops, implements, and assesses campus-wide programming diversity and social justice education.
- Advises and coordinates Diversity Peer Educators.
- Oversees and manages departmental social media pages.
- Coordinates and prepares marketing and media publications.
- Conducts leadership training and workshops.
- Maintains programming budgets.
- Strengthens approaches and practices used to promote cross-cultural learning, interactions, global services, diversity, social justice, and multiculturalism through research.
- Cultivates close working relationships with students, faculty, and staff to promote services of the department.
- Assists in the enhancement of a University culture that welcomes and celebrates all students through the infusion of diversity and inclusion throughout the college experience.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
- Three or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Understanding of student learning theories
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to successfully work autonomously
- Experience in community development
$28,100 - $31,571
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibit personal code of ethics within professional practice
- Ability to identify and address problems, formulate rules, articulate policies and rules to internal and external constituents
- Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Problem-solving and team building experience
- Proven ability to work within the confines of a designated budget
- Ability to program various events for large groups of students, faculty, and parents/families with diverse needs and interests
- Ability to effectively collaborate with campus students, faculty, and administration
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support Universitys mission for student success
- Thorough knowledge of emerging trends and needs of students
- Depth of understanding of diversity and inclusiveness and how to communicate it across a broad range of people
Apply Before Date
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Commitment to development of academic-residential campus environment through student-centered, collaborative teamwork across academic and Student Affairs units
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Sensitivity toward diverse peoples and cultures
June 15, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Travel Required
- Work occasionally extends beyond 40-hour workweek
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1925886