Under the supervision of the Director of Student Financial Services, the Assistant Director will manage the staff of the Student Financial Services Office to ensure St. Lawrence students/families receive accurate and timely financial information, excellent customer service, and support for completing required tasks to meet financial obligations of attendance. This requires direct supervision of two clerical staff that include completion of annual performance evaluations, setting and reviewing of goals, attention to employee morale, communication, and personal interactions.
Manage the billing and collection of student revenues, advise and assist students and families in understanding the financial requirements and resources associated with attendance, and ensure the accuracy of accounting and reporting such transactions.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R), billing, and collections management
- Extensive communications with students and parents regarding outstanding balances
- Tracking and collecting of past-due balances for current and former students
- Processing refunds in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Monitoring and engaging third party vendors (TMS, CBord)
- Meal plan management
- Significant collaboration with Registrar and Financial Aid offices
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) analysis and reporting
- Assistance in annual audits
- Bachelor’s degree required; at least two years of accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computer systems; experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access programs preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Knowledge and experience with student billing, financial aid and loan administration
- Previous experience with Colleague and CBord
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the "special instructions to applicant" section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Philip Elvy, Director of Student Financial Services at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.