Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Grant Financial Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Grant Financial Administrator
Sponsored Program Accounting
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Review, analyze and monitor budgets and spending activity for a portfolio of sponsored awards to ensure compliance with sponsor and federal regulations, University policies, and specific award restrictions. Provide service to faculty and administrators for all research-related requests, including reporting, budget projections, and other ad-hoc requests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and monitor research expenditures against awarded budgets. Ensure accuracy and compliance of all costs charged on awards, assist research faculty with budgeting and forecasting, and provide ad-hoc support and information to research faculty and administrators.
- Review award and budget documents to determine and implement sponsor and award level reporting requirements as well as rebudgeting or allowable cost restrictions. Work with the Office of Sponsored Programs to identify discrepancies and resolve problems.
- Ensure expenditures charged on portfolio of awards is in accordance with federal and sponsor terms and conditions.
- Prepare accounting journal entries and budget entries as needed.
- Provide support and training information to faculty and departmental staff.
- Perform subrecipient monitoring according to federal regulations, including monthly tracking of budget vs. expenditures
- Prepare and submit required quarterly, annual, and final financial reports to sponsors.
- Run and analyze exception reports to ensure charges are compliant with federal and sponsor regulations.
- Establish and modify awards, including applying the appropriate cost codes, rates, and cost share.
- Review awards with deficits or burn rate issues and work with faculty to resolve.
- Review and approve payroll authorizations on research awards, including course buy-outs and reallocations.
- Compile information for management, audits and external agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field required with professional experience in grant accounting practices, higher education preferred.
- Proficiency with computer databases and applications. Experience working in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Analytical, well-organized, detail oriented, accurate and able to work independently with minimal supervision and consistently meet all deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of confidentiality required.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grant-Financial-Administrator_R0000896
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |