The Accounts Payable Associate shall be a part of the Financial Services division of the University at Buffalo Foundation.
The position is responsible for processing disbursement vouchers for payment including auditing vouchers for compliance with donor, IRS and other externally imposed restrictions, adequate documentation and business purpose, verifying availability of funds, mailing out checks and scanning vouchers. Additional individual tasks will be distributed to each clerk based on workload. These tasks can include UPS, VWR Scientific, Proftech purchases and additional assistance provided to certain properties.
The Accounts Payable Associate shall possess an ability to grasp and stay on top of changing regulations for processing various types of payments. Customer service orientation is important in working with account holders.
Responsibilities for this position include:
o Process disbursements for payment including:
- Auditing voucher for compliance with donor, IRS and other externally imposed restrictions
- Auditing voucher for proper documentation and business purpose
- Staying current on changes in regulations for processing various types of payments
- Verifying availability of funds
- Tracking encumbrances
- Sending out payments to vendors
- Scanning disbursement requests
o Customer Service Orientation including:
- Ability to communicate verbally, through email and in writing with account holders
- Willingness to focus on customer service as a top priority
- Ability to work with demanding account holders
- Following up on obtaining receipts for advances and American Express charges including preparing journal vouchers.
o Verification of Payroll
- Process quarterly encumbrances for approval
- Approval of bi-weekly timesheets
o Familiarity with State Purchasing system (eReq) being replaced with Shop Blue, so they can:
- Review/approve or reject purchase orders created by units
- Answer unit questions regarding use of eReq process for regular disbursement requests
- Encumber purchase order amounts
o Familiarity with UB First application so they can:
- Encourage account holders to use UB First
- Assist account holders with using UB First
o Process various individual billings (i.e. UPS, VWR Scientific, Proftech) or provide additional expenditure assistance in conjunction with various properties
Associates degree in accounting or business or equivalent accounts payable experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business strongly preferred.
- Customer service focus and orientation.