A Research Technician II position is available in the Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine at UB. In this role, you will conduct research in the areas of microbiology and genomics. Position duties will include:
- Cultivation and maintenance of various microbial strains.
- Extraction and purification of nucleic acids from cultures and clinical samples (DNA, RNA).
- Performing experiments involving basic microbiology, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques as required by laboratory projects.
- Ordering and management of laboratory supplies.
- Supervision of junior laboratory members as required by PI.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.