The University at Buffalo seeks a Temporary Senior Programmer Analyst to support programming in the Office of Enterprise Application Services. In this position, you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and document application software for UB’s enterprise systems. Including analyzing and assisting in development of customer specifications.
- Analyze and/or assist in development of customer specifications.
- Participate in code reviews and quality assurance.
- Elicit customer requirements and develop solutions using new and/or existing technology/application systems.
- Support, design and troubleshoot mission critical, enterprise systems.
- Apply appropriate triage skills to application failures and take appropriate action to maintain service availability.
- Engage necessary campus and external support personnel as needed in implementing recommendations and/or negotiating proposed solutions.
All the Duties & Responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24/7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. UB’s Office of Financial Aid receives over 40,000 applications each year and disburse over $340 million in financial aid each year.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in the Information Systems field is required (includes internships and relevant projects).
- The experience should encompass relevant aspects of information technology in support of application development and should include experience in a comparable environment.
- The incumbent must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Must have ability to work and communicate effectively with people having diverse skill levels and varying backgrounds in a University setting. Personal initiative and self-discipline are necessary.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Experience with advanced, large scale systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with contemporary application development tools and concepts such as automated testing, DevOps toolchains, containerization and Agile development practices is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Experience in a university environment is desirable.