Storekeeper (5064C) - 5699
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 20, 2020
At Cal Dining, we believe that breaking bread together is a unique aspect of dining on-campus with friends, faculty or staff. Our focus is on nourishing the Cal community, both for physical and social well-being, through customer-driven programs, culinary excellence and campus social responsibility.
Our service philosophy is centered around three key principles:
Flavor & Variety - We are committed to providing great tasting food for every palate. Our award winning program features a wide-variety of seasonal menus and ethnic specialties. We've partnered with top chefs and restaurateurs to bring quality offerings to our locations.
Health & Wellness - As leaders in providing healthier-for-you foods, we transitioned to natural, organic and trans-fat free food products and are 99.9% free of partially hydrogenated oils (PHO) in over 4,000 products.
Social Responsibility - We continually strive to do everything possible to minimize our environmental footprint. As a responsible neighbor, we are dedicated to supporting the Cal community, expanding our ecological efforts and encouraging our customers to do the same.
The Cal Dining team aims to be responsive by listening to our customers and responding to each and every customer comment. We demonstrate our commitment to responsibility by being the best possible stewards of our customer's financial resources. We strive to provide best-in-class service, all while upholding the values of the UC Berkeley community.
- Receive, inspect, and store all food and non-food products in specified areas in accordance with HACCP guidelines.
- Dates and rotates all inventory items using the FIFO Principles (First In First Out).
- Ensure food is held and loaded at safe temperatures.
- Assist manager with inventory, ordering and planning supply distribution schedule using a computerized food management system.
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of all storage spaces.
- On a daily basis, records temperatures of all refrigerators, freezers, and maintains records for three months.
- Oversee receipt and distribution of products.
- Receive multiple deliveries daily.
- Responsible for invoice accuracy, proper condition of products, and return of damaged or otherwise suspicious inventory.
- Monitor loading area so that vehicles and other delivery trucks have necessary access.
- Issue all food and non-food products to staff for daily operations.
- Transfer supplies to other units when needed.
- Upholds the security of receiving areas, coolers, freezers and storerooms.
- Ensures food, product and equipment are secured properly and issues according to standard operating procedure.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with our customers.
- Listen, and if possible, resolve customers' needs and report them to the manager and/or supervisor.
- Interact enthusiastically and pleasantly with customers and co-workers to ensure a positive interaction and outcome in every interaction.
- Responsible for practicing good stewardship with university and customer resources.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all staff, vendors, and customers.
- Assist other Cal Dining units in times of food/non-food product shortages.
- Reprint service needs from computerized food system as required.
- Submit invoices to manager for approval and signature.
Food Preparation / Health and Safety Standards:
- Clean, prepare, store, and otherwise prepare food, following the basic HACCP principles of food preparation, safety, and sanitation.
- Safely operate and maintain necessary equipment.
- Ensure the cleanliness, safety, and sanitation of designated storage and work areas, large and small equipment and utensils used in food production.
- Prepare and distribute products to food production staff and/or other units based on production sheet, storeroom requisition, or by request to meet production schedules.
- Maintain the overall appearance and organization of the loading dock and receiving areas.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner while not putting self or others at risk. This includes complying with applicable policies and regulations; using personal safety gear; observing warning signs; learning about potential hazards; and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Experience in storeroom duties, such as, shipping, receiving, storage, issuing, distributing of products and record keeping.
- Experience in inventory control.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Previous food service experience.
- Previous inventory, storekeeping experience.
- Previous experience delivering items by car/truck.
- Fork lift certification or successfully complete certification training.
- ServSafe or Food Service Handler Certification.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience up to $17.43, Step 1.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
UC Berkeley's Applicant Tracking System is down to all users on the following dates, which will restrict access for applicants:
Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00pm until Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 8:00am
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
This is a partial-year career position with furlough.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Service Unit (SX) between the University of California and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME). The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5699&PostingSeq=1