The University at Buffalo Office of Admissions
is seeking an experienced Administrative Operations Coordinator
to enhance the overall administrative support for the Offices of Admissions and Enrollment Management units.
The Office of Admissions oversees the recruitment of undergraduate and transfer students, and special sessions. Admissions is responsible for shaping the incoming class and working with units across campus to enhance and meet the university goals of recruitment, retention and persistence to graduation.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Recruitment and Communication Strategies in the Office of Admissions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- You will manage general office services by maintaining calendars, handling meeting requests, receiving calls and guests and assisting units with a variety of office functions.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Admissions leadership team and as needed serve as back up to the AVP/Director of Admissions and the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management.
- As a collaborative team member, you will assist with employee recruitment and student payroll.
- You will assist with budget tracking and planning, departmental purchasing, reconciliation, travel planning and reimbursement.
- You will assist in the planning of a variety of on and off-campus recruitment events, which may include evenings and weekends (limited travel may be assigned for off-campus recruitment events).
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Marketing and Communications Assistance
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications strategies.
- Assist with the management of multiple projects and connect with partner units.
- Coordinate relationships with third-party vendors and freelancers, including the gathering of quotes and maintenance of vendor contracts.
- Liaise with partner units on brand adherence.
- Assist with special projects.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with administrative support in a professional setting.
- 2 years of experience in an office management setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License or the ability to demonstrate the capacity to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Experience working in a college or university setting with knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- Experience in project management, marketing, public relations and communication.
- Event planning experience and the ability to plan and manage multiple, concurrent projects and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or similar platforms.