Operations Data Analyst, Office of Undergraduate Academics
Stevens Institute of Technology seeks candidates for the position of Operations Data Analyst in the Office of Undergraduate Academics, reporting to the Assistant Dean. The Operations Data Analyst is a vital member of the Office of Undergraduate Academics (OUA), who will join the office during a period of great opportunity, as Stevens concludes the execution of its 10-year strategic plan, which focuses on propelling Stevens to new heights as a prominent student-centric research University.
The Operations Data Analyst will serve as the technical support staff for OUA and play a key role in Stevens’ continued implementation of Workday Student (the university’s new student information system), Pharos360 (student success software) and SEM (Student Engagement Management) system, which includes generating reports and data analysis related to 1st year retention, 6-year graduation, and other student success parameters.
The Operations Data Analyst will work closely with the team leads in OUA and with the Registrar’s Office and other offices such as Office of Financial Aid, Office of Student Accounts, Residence Life, Student Life, Undergraduate Admissions, and Institutional Research and Effectiveness. This individual will be expected to work collaboratively with other OUA staff members and constituencies throughout the university to analyze processes and operational conditions for these systems as well as manage key tasks to ensure integrations and data initiatives are synchronized, updated, and efficient. The ideal candidate must have technical programming qualifications as well as analytical expertise. The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills and involves exercising scrupulous attention to detail to deliver accurate reporting and to develop and support the diverse programs managed by OUA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Generate reports and analyze data from Workday Student, Pharos 360 and SEM
- Create and maintain databases related to retention, graduation, and student success program efforts
- Identify, analyze, and understand developments in complex data sets
- Analyze user requirements and procedures to support and improve existing workflows
- Develop and support functional test procedures for system upgrades, integrations, and implementation
- Generate system process documentation for internal office use and train office staff on system functionality when required
- Generate advising manual/user guide related to academic processes and procedures
- Help facilitate training sessions for academic/faculty advisors
COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Collaborates with IT Department, the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) in efforts to generate reports needed by OUA
- Supports and communicates technical matters requiring clarification of business decision making, and professional judgment
- Collaborates with other student service departments in support of programs, services, and processes for undergraduate student participation
SUPPORT OF OFFICE MISSION
- Provide and support the Vice Provost for Academic Innovation and Faculty Affairs and OUA Deans with various initiatives for student success, including those related directly to retention and the 6-year graduation rate
- Remain abreast of developments in higher education with an eye for improvement of existing programs, technologies, and service
- Provide support to students as deemed appropriate by the Vice Provost for Academic Innovation and Faculty Affairs or OUA Deans
Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a combination with a technical background in information systems and at least three years of experience in a higher education setting is desired.
Undergraduate Academic Support Center
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police