The Environmental Health Study for Western New York is seeking a community education research associate to assist in community education efforts. This position is ideal for anyone interested in public health, education, community-based research, and developing relationships within the community.
Key responsibilities include:
* Developing and delivering educational presentations for a wide variety of audiences (children – adults) on environmental health and/or general public health issues
- Developing posters, fact sheets, and other educational materials on environmental health and general public health, and organizing the distribution of these materials to community events/health fairs/coalitions/web resources/newsprint etc.
- Assisting in the development of infographics to distribute research findings to the community
- Partnering with libraries or other local groups to develop a resource section, an event, lecture series, display case, etc.
- Further developing and maintaining a dynamic educational resource section on our study website
- Attending community events and presenting/speaking at meetings
- Organizing and implementing focus groups with community members
- Meeting community members and making connections
- Organizing, attending, leading community advisory meetings
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.