Tufts University’s University College (UC) was established as a school within Tufts in 2018 and is dedicated to programming that meets the Lifelong Learning educational needs of our students. UC’s programmatic areas include Professional & Custom Education Programs (PCE), Pre-College Programs (PC), and The Osher Institute of Lifelong Learning (OLLI). UC has been on an intense growth trajectory since its inception in November 2018 and is poised for continual growth with the continuing evolution of our program offerings with the goal of significantly expanding access to Tufts’ world-class education. UC offers a fast-paced, nimble environment made of highly trained professionals who love the higher education environment and are committed to providing world class education in the 21st century to a wide variety of students. UC is building a distinctive presence in the greater Boston landscape, as well as nationally through more online and virtual learning opportunities, as part of a diverse and accessible institution that makes learning and engagement with education of all kinds for all people a part of its core mission
What You'll Do
Reporting to the UC Marketing Associate, the role of Marketing Coordinator will continually support the development, organization, and management of our core online communication channels, tabling events, on-campus and in other locations, and online digital content design, as needed. With a daily focus on a combination of content development, asset design, social media management, event design & setup, and e-communication execution via our main ESP and CRM, HubSpot. They will work collaboratively with our UC program staff, external vendors and partners, and existing internal Tufts partnerships, as needed. They must multi-task and change priorities quickly between our variety of programmatic areas to support marketing initiatives or to highlight news, opportunities for schools and departments, events, or research, and execute on other urgent and non-urgent digital marketing needs as they arise.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with our Marketing Associate to design, create, and execute all content for all of UC’s social media channels and accounts including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. This will include developing content, marrying images, and testing CTA’s to continually optimize and refine our social media channels by program.
In addition, this role will be responsible for managing all tabling events, both on campus at Tufts and offsite at partner locations as needed, some domestic travel may be required. This will include updating the calendar with new events when secured, creating event schedules and working with our internal UC team to have the proper coverage and knowledge base at each event, and finally the preparation of all SWAG, signage, and table kits for program teams to be successful. This coordinator will assist with online catalog and digital asset design, as needed and when possible, in addition to their related activities.
Overall, this position provides an opportunity for an individual to learn and grow as part of a strategic marketing team and take part in all aspects of communication development, as well as event coordination.
• Support the creation and development of all email communications across all the UC brands, including writing content and selecting images and layout.
• Curate image and content for social media platforms
• Develop a partnership with internal Tufts’ University teams to share social content when appropriate across schools and platforms.
• Support the marketing team with the scheduling and organization of events, both on-campus at Tufts and at partner locations, as needed.
• Organize and manage inventory of all SWAG and printed pieces for tabling and/or student gifts.
• Stay engaged with new information, technologies, ideas or developments that become available and/or prove successful in higher ed communications or events.
• Be comfortable with working occasional long hours and addressing off-hour emergencies, as needed.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree and up to 2 years of experience in a professional marketing role.
• Prior knowledge of digital marketing channels, email, and influencer (social) marketing
• Excellent critical thinking skills: ability to manage competing priorities, with support from your manager, and juggle multiple tasks to completion.
• Strong writing and/or copyediting.
• Superior organizational and project management skills.
• Proficiency in the following: Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media Platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop (or similar HTML/Image editing software)
• Must have a positive attitude, be collaborative and a team player, sound judgement, and top-level professionalism.
• Commitment to educational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, as well as the revenue-generating mission of University College.
• Experience working on a small team and balancing multiple projects across programs at one time.
• Basic knowledge Drupal or similar web platforms.
• Basic abilities in HubSpot (or similar ESP / CRM tools).
• Amateur video editing and PowerPoint slide creation.
Minimum $26.40, Midpoint $31.40, Maximum $36.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.