This position is responsible for creating and maintaining reports for multiple business units. Using a variety of analytic tools, the Report Writer will develop and effectively present useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources that leads to accurate and appropriate interpretation of the data.
The Report Writer will:
- Produce sophisticated reports in support of customer requests.
- Participate in gathering needs/requests and work with end users to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
- Assist in evaluating data quality, applications and functions. Identify data quality issues for review and resolution.
- Provide user support for reporting products, including helping users navigate and understand reports.
- Serve as a liaison between technical team and the stakeholders.
This IT position is in a 24×7 business environment and may require occasional scheduled and unscheduled work during non-business hours, including evenings and/or weekends.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An associate’s degree is required in information technology (IT), management information systems (MIS), business or education. A combination of education, specialized training, and experience equivalency will be considered as a substitute for education requirements.
Professional experience report writing including gathering requirements is required. Proficiency in SQL and Crystal Reports is required. Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries with competing priorities and perspectives as well as excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills is strongly preferred.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or MIS is preferred.
At least 2 years of analytic and decision support reporting experience in the healthcare field is preferred.