Business System Analyst 3 (7584U) 25507
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The UC Berkeley School of Optometry is recognized as one of the top professional schools in the nation. The Eyewear Clinic at UCBSO is very active, serving every day a large and diverse clientele, who expect the highest quality care. The successful applicant will be working in the Eyewear Center Clinic with a team of other dedicated professionals. UC Berkeley School of Optometry seeks candidates whose experience in Clinic, Eyewear, specialty clinic, or community service has prepared them to contribute to diversity and excellence. The Department is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 11/3/2021
Applies skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry-wide business process and analysis practices and organizational policies and procedures. Resolves a wide range of business process issues of moderate to complex scope. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics, reporting, Telehealth, Patient Check-in Kiosk, HIPAA Compliance Secure text messaging.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing complex systems and procedures. Creates complex specifications for systems to meet end-user requirements. Involved in developing complex user interface designs. Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing. Participates in cross-functional teams to address complex business or systems issues. Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Produces user-requested reports utilizing special features on designated systems. Crystal reports writing, SQL Query and API
- Perform charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions. Ability to write program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department. Assists with project plan development and end user documentation. Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and procedural documentation. Assists with implementation of changes in development, maintenance, system standards, and in the creation of specifications. Desktop Support, new devices, Printer support.
- Performs system configuration functions using online architectural tools with minimal supervision. Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Project Management Process
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Knowledge relating to EHR software design and HIPAA Compliance
- Broad knowledge relating to software design.
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Contract appointment ending 11/30/2022
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=25507&PostingSeq=1