Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Salesforce Business Systems Analyst
University of San Francisco
Salesforce Business Systems Analyst
The University of San Francisco seeks an energetic and organized individual with outstanding verbal and written communications skills to join the staff of its Information Technology Services (ITS) - Application Services group as a Salesforce Business Systems Analyst. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and excellent analytical skills.
Full Job Description:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Serve as system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with 275+ users.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, maintenance reports, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Evaluate requests for new or changed functionality to determine requirements and draft documentation.
- Schedule and organize student focus groups, report on the outcomes and prioritize the story backlog accordingly.
- Translate high level requirements into user stories for the development team; ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value.
- Work closely with business users and functional experts to develop technical specifications for new features.
- Be the primary point of contact for all quality assurance issues regarding Salesforce Sales Cloud and Community Cloud apps.
- Report defects to and request enhancements from our Salesforce Managed Services provider.
- Configure the app and work with our vendors and developers to prepare releases to production.
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Conduct situational and data analysis to identify, understand, and ensure features are aligned with product objectives and delivering the most value to the business.
- Provide kickoff-to-release project management for small enhancements and integrations with other University systems.
- Manage a story backlog to ensure readiness of user stories for the upcoming sprint.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including product, development, the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC), and all users of Salesforce.
- Create acceptance criteria that are clear, concise and actionable.
- Schedule, organize, task, and report on project progress.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the application roadmap.
- Conduct business process analyses with business users and document existing and new functionality to support the business processes.
- Analyze existing operational procedures - identifying opportunities for new efficiencies and improved user training.
- Facilitate the design and specification of new work flow processes.
- Develop use cases and test plans for new features, and system upgrades.
- Develop communication plans related to the launch of new app features.
- Support business users in developing report specifications and effectively translating them into business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and solutions in Higher Education.
- Monitor defect reports and work closely with the team to triage issues.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Foremost, you have to care about students and making a difference in their lives. You are passionate, empathetic, and care that your work serves a greater purpose than just profit. You want to make a mark on the world and help push our society to change and grow for the better.
Change Influencer - Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it's to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team
Required qualifications and skills:
- Salesforce Administrator certification (ADM-201C) required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science) and 4+ years of professional experience in software development and application administration.
- 4+ years work experience configuring the Salesforce.com platform.
- Experience with Workflow Rules, Validation Rules, Assignment Rules.
- Demonstrated ability to take business requirements and use to formulate Solution Design.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Salesforce Development Tools.
- Completion of several Salesforce integration, extension and development projects.
- Good understanding of application architecture principles, protocols and practices, including data structures, data modeling, and data security.
- Experience debugging and resolving issues with existing code.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and integration engines.
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce technologies (clouds, offerings, custom development, integration).
- Ability to work off-hours to resolve application issues or problems.
- Observe confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce AppExchange applications.
- Experience with Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred.
- Experience with Data Integration Tools such as Informatica Cloud.
- Solid understanding of SaaS architecture concepts and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com development best practices and design patterns.
- Experience using troubleshooting techniques to resolve application related problems.
- Strong data management abilities.
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Experience with Higher Education processes preferred.
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Salesforce-Business-Systems-Analyst_R0001438.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |