The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, seeks to fill a dynamic and essential role within the office in the newly built medical school building in downtown Buffalo. The Assistant to Chair will coordinate all administrative activities in the department by implementing operating strategies to accomplish the following tasks that promote the mission of the Jacobs School, this position will:
- Develop, prepare and monitor departmental budgets which include monitoring expenditures and supervising the maintenance of financial accounts and records. This position will create financial reports that will be given to the Chair of the department as well as the Dean of the School to assist in financial decisions. Monthly and annual statements will be prepared and distributed.
- Assist the Chair in gathering, compiling and transmitting data for all formal reports and activities for which the Chair is responsible for.
- Plan, assign and supervise the work of office staff which includes the training and the yearly evaluation of those staff. Advising on professional development of those support staff.
- Coordinate all personnel transactions including but not limited to preparation of dossiers for faculty promotion and tenure.
- Serve as the Human Resources recruitment specialist for the department which advises, helps to recruit candidates and markets the position to ensure full success of the open recruitment.
- Function as a key member on the team that plans and executes special events such as annual endowed lectures, departmental retreats and seminars.
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found at http://medicine.buffalo.edu/
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of administrative experience
Contact’s Name Leah Keefe
Contact’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact’s Phone 716-829-2189