Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Administrative Exempt Positions
Responsible for assisting Head Men's Basketball Coach in coaching, recruiting and supervising the basketball team while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Teach physical education and manage a departmental administrative responsibility.
- Assist the head coach in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions, create scouting reports and game plans, edit game film using Gamebreaker editing system, participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition, supervision of student-athlete academic progress, provide positive guidance to students off the court, assist with team budget management and overall program development.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI.
- Serve as a role model for players both on and off the court.
- Develop a good rapport and working relationship with students, coaching staff, department members, faculty and alumni.
- Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
- Teach PE courses as assigned.
- Be responsible for a departmental administrative duty as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Previous college coaching experience with an emphasis on recruitment of high academic student-athletes. Competitive playing experience is strongly preferred.
- CPR certificate, first aid certificate and valid drivers license.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5895