Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
STEP Program Coordinator (4564U), SAIT 41979
University of California, Berkeley
STEP Program Coordinator (4564U), SAIT 41979
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
Student Affairs IT (SAIT) provides technology leadership and support to the Division of Student Affairs; technical support, education, and hands-on learning and leadership opportunities for students; and student advocacy and engagement in campus technology development.
Our deep knowledge and understanding of our students' and staff needs, coupled with our technical expertise, makes SAIT a trusted partner, committed to an excellent student experience. Our dedication, responsiveness, and commitment equip us to meet our customers' evolving demands as we work collaboratively to serve students.
The SAIT organization consists of 30 full-time career staff and over 70 part-time student staff, distributed across Development & Operations, Strategic Initiatives, and Student Technologies.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 14, 2022
Program Planning and Management
- Establish and refine Student Technology Equity Program (STEP) application process, determination of eligibility, inventory management, and distribution/returns process for technology hardware for student recipients.
- Develop and implement time-to-response standards that minimize how long it takes for students to receive essential hardware.
- Manage high-touch, high-demand customer service program with prospective applicants, current and past recipients, campus departments and other partners with multiple peak periods throughout the year.
- Resolve moderately complex individual cases where unusual or sensitive student issues impact student eligibility and/or student experience.
- Serve as point of contact for vendors around hardware supply, service warranty, hardware repair, and other concerns.
- Lead development, evaluation and periodic revision of standard operating procedures.
- Research and resolve discrepancies related to inventory and billing.
- Gather, analyze and report on data regarding student technology needs, financial need, satisfaction with STEP, and impact on student academic experience.
Campus Communication Strategy
- Develop and implement outreach and marketing strategy to ensure the maximum number of students are aware of how to access the STEP program.
- Communicate program metrics and impact in written briefings, website content and oral presentations to a wide range of audiences, including the Instructional Resilience & Enhancement Fee (IREF) Advisory Committee.
Student Team Supervision
- Hire, train and supervise a student team to perform administrative and clerical functions in support of the student leadership and employment program.
- Collaborate with other OneIT supervisors to continuously improve the effectiveness and experience of the STEP student staff.
Technology Equity Strategic Partnerships
- Maintain and develop existing relationships and collaborative initiatives with campus partners to expand equitable access to technology for graduate, professional and undergraduate students.
Identify and select training opportunities for professional development. Participate in cross-functional group discussions, activities, and other training efforts. Contribute to building and maintaining an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture.
Adhere to University and departmental policies, procedures, and professional practices as well as city, state, and federal laws. Complete all required University and departmental training requirements including but not limited to FERPA, Information Security, Ethics, and Sexual Harassment/Sexual Violence Prevention.
Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task within demanding timeframes.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and senior leadership, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with and/or commitment to integrating diversity, equity and inclusion practices throughout all facets of programs, projects and/or organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing technology access issues for marginalized and underserved communities.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to customer issues and concerns.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively with broad team of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Experience working with students and providing student support services, especially in higher education setting.
- Familiarity with UC Berkeley administrative structures and processes.
- Working knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary range of the position is $62,000.00 -$72,000.00 commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=41979&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |