Junior Security Analyst, Financial Information Systems (7337U) 1721 - 1721
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 4, 2019
UC Berkeley's VC Finance division is a trusted and strategic campus partner, supporting the teaching, research, and public service goals of faculty, students, and staff, financially sustainable, and providing services for the campus common good. This position is a key role in the Financial Information Systems (FIS) unit in the Controller's Office that oversees the operations of software solutions that support mission-critical applications utilized to operate the University. The FIS is based on the PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) product, with additional supporting applications.
The objective of the FIS unit is manage a continuous cycle of technical improvement and feature enhancements in PeopleSoft application systems and associated applications. The applications support processes including general ledger, budgeting, accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable, billing, a customer portal, project costing, contracts and grants. To ensure the success of these mission-critical systems, the department consists of highly skilled functional experts who will test and implement new features, respond to customer issues and campus needs, and keep all systems running optimally throughout the financial reporting cycles.
The Security Analyst is involved in maintaining the security of data and systems as the primary responsibility of the position; assisting in design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems and programs to insure the integrity, reliability and security of data and systems.
Security Support for PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Systems
- Under general supervision, provides trouble shooting and problem resolution for functional security and resolve security issues, exceptions and escalations when identified
- Provides guidance and training on PeopleSoft security to end-users
- Under general supervision, oversees and maintains the master definition of all functional security roles and permissions across key applications
- Insure application security complies with all current UCB Standards
Audit and Management Reporting
- Improves efficiency and enhance the quality of information reported to internal management through expanded automation and integration of systems and data
- Assists in insuring both internal and external audits are in compliance with defined company due dates
- Assist in ensuring information provided to management is accurate and consistent with the company's basic reporting requirements.
- Requires knowledge of systems of IT security function.
- Must have knowledge relating to the design of security programs.
- Requires knowledge of other areas of IT.
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Accounting and a year of information systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PeopleSoft security experience preferred.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1721&PostingSeq=1