The start date for this position is June 1st, 2022. This position is in a new and exciting lab at Tufts University.
The Department of Psychology conducts cutting-edge interdisciplinary research aimed at understanding the causes and consequences of mental processes and behavior. Our primary focus is strongly experimental, with researchers at the forefront of neuroscience, applied cognition, human factors, cognitive and affective neuroscience, and developmental psychology.
The Translational Emotion and Memory (TEAM) Lab is conducting research studies on memory and learning processes with the goal of developing novel interventions for emotional disorders (e.g., anxiety, trauma and stressor-related, and mood disorders).
What You'll Do
Under close supervision of Principal Investigator, Dr. Xandra Kredlow, the primary responsibility of the Lab Coordinator will be to assist with day-to-day lab management and operational tasks for the new Translational Emotion and Memory (TEAM) Lab.
The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Ordering and organizing lab supplies
- Maintaining lab equipment and ensure proper storage
- Monitoring lab budgets and allocate costs across grants
- Training, coordinating, and conducting lab personnel orientation
- Ensuring compliance with biosafety requirements, ethics review board and university policies
- Acting as resource for student and visitor requests and questions
- Promoting a positive working environment
- Conducting experiments for assigned research projects
- Analyzing data and assisting investigator in writing/editing materials for publication and presentation
- Providing support to investigator for grants
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field
- 1 year of research laboratory experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prior experience coordinating laboratory activities/operations
- Candidates seeking to gain additional research experience, in anticipation of applying for Graduate school (or to pursue other advanced degree)
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.