Event Assistant I - Set Up
: Staff - Full-Time
Executes the setup and teardown of conferences, meetings and events scheduled through campus Event Services. Follows set drawings in staging tables, chairs, stages, and other peripherals. Sets existing audio/video equipment, including initiating the room control system and setting audio and lighting levels. Assists presenter with microphone, computers, and other basic technology needs prior to and during the event. Confirms conference rooms and offices are secured. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation with high school diploma and one-year related experience or any combination of job-related experience and education totaling one year. May require additional certifications.
- One position is available. Tuesday -Saturday. Tuesday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Flexibility will be required. Could need to come in as early as 5:00 am if needed and could need to stay a few hours later than normal if needed. Event times will dictate this. Saturday shift will be normally 12:00 pm -to 8:30 pm. Flexibility is needed as well.
* Knowledge in proper cleaning methods and techniques.
* Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques pertaining to part-time hires.
* Working knowledge of sound and lighting equipment helpful.
* Skills in set-up and storage of technical equipment.
* Skills in effective interpersonal communication.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work well with others, be adaptable, and cooperative.
Frequent climbing, bending/stooping, twisting, reaching, and lifting greater than 25 lbs. with occasional kneeling and crawling. Continual standing, walking, pushing/pulling and grasping. Must be able to see, hear and talk with some fine hand manipulation.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$26,520 - $33,150 DOE
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/27224
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.