Tufts University Occupational Health Services provides work-related medical services to university faculty, staff, and employees, with the goal of preventing and minimizing health risks. Tufts Occupational Health Services is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment that is inclusive and culturally informed. Our values are confidentiality, respect for diversity, promotion of wellness, and continuous professional growth.
This is a 35-hour per week position and is 100% in-person. No hybrid or remote option is feasible.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Staff Assistant performs complex and diverse duties for Occupational Health Services and serves as a source of information and problem-solving for faculty and staff. The Staff Assistant will provide administrative support, including organizing file systems for the office, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, as well as assisting with producing, proofreading, and editing reports, documents, and spreadsheets. The position requires strong computer skills as the individual will work with electronic medical records and other computer systems. The Staff Assistant will manage the Occupational Health Services clinic flow. This includes creating appointments, managing schedules, and ensuring proper patient flow. They will provide support to the clinicians in a professional manner, functioning as the primary interface between the employee and OHS providers. They will coordinate planning and logistics for meetings and special events. They have responsibility for ordering all office supplies and ensuring office equipment functions properly. The emphasis is placed on the ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information, and other tasks related to support of a medical office. Essential functions include Calendar Management, Scheduling and Front Desk management and general office management.
What We're Looking For
- Years of related experience required: 2-4
- Required education: High school diploma/GED
- Demonstrated ability of computer skills necessary to use electronic medical record and practice management modules.
- Good command of the English language, including medical terminology.
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to manage multiple tasks, and accurate attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with diverse groups of patients, staff, and providers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and function as a resource to other members of the team and resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Demonstrated understanding of disaster protocols to include fire, safety, and code calls, per mandatory training.
- Bachelor's Degree and two to four years of related experience is preferred.
- Experience with medical practice management software is a plus.
- Fluency in a language(s) in addition to English is desirable.
Minimum $21.80, Midpoint $25.95, Maximum $30.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.