The Division of Student Affairs supports dynamic co-curricular learning and engagement for all undergraduate and graduate students within the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA@Tufts). As a central resource supporting the safety, engagement, and wellbeing of all Tufts AS&E students, the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs promulgates community standards; coordinates communication between campus constituencies and departments; supports programs and activities to advance student learning; facilitates the coordinated support of individual students, and; works cooperatively with members of the faculty and the colleges’ senior leadership team to ensure the successful achievement of institutional and divisional goals, vision, and values.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, the Administrative Coordinator provides comprehensive administrative support for the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs. The Coordinator handles complex and confidential situations and requests and serves as a highly visible front-line resource for students, families, faculty, and other campus departments around issues and concerns involving individual students, student groups, and the larger campus community. They oversee the daily operation of the Dean of Student Affairs Office, manage the activity of the front desk and supervise several graduate interns, and provide administrative support related to scheduling, correspondence, and expenditures. They plan, schedule, and coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the office with a high degree of skill.
The Administrative Coordinator provides detailed and complex administrative support for the major processes in the Dean’s office, including requests for break housing, requests for meal support during break periods, coordinating candidate searches and interviews, and creating and updating student records. The Administrative Coordinator will also carefully monitor budget accounts, upload financial data, and execute authorized financial transactions responsibly. They will gather data, conduct research, and draft departmental reports related to budgets and expenses as needed. They will plan and execute division retreats, staff social activities, appreciation events, and other high visibility events. This is a hybrid role. This role must be in person for programs and events scheduled in advance and occasionally for routine work, but otherwise has flexibility for remote and in person work.
What We're Looking For
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, and Certifications/Licenses (Consider the education, experience, licenses, and technical or specialized skills required to perform this job.)
● Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in administrative support required OR an Associate’s degree and 5+ years of experience in administrative support required
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge
● Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge
● 2+ years experience in using/managing electronic databases/records
● Superior organizational skills and problem-solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks with a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, sensitivity, good judgment, and attention to detail
● The successful candidate will possess a good sense of humor, strong interpersonal skills and a dynamic professional presence.
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc. (Consider preferred qualifications including additional education, experience, or other job related skills.)
● Experience working in a busy, high traffic office environment is preferred
● Interest and experience in digital media communications preferred
● Experience working with Maxient or similar electronic record keeping software a plus
● Experience with college students and an interest in college student affairs preferred.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.