The Financial Aid Counselor, under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid for Compliance and Operations, provides assistance to prospective and continuing students and their families in all aspects of the financial aid process, including application, eligibility, and award in accordance with federal, state, and institutional policies. The Financial Aid Counselor must possess excellent knowledge of and demonstrated the ability to administer practices with regard to financial aid in compliance with applicable regulations and policies. The incumbent must also possess excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, relate well to a broad variety of constituencies, and be dedicated to providing high-quality service to all constituencies of the Stevens Community.
- Counsel students and families regarding all aspects of financial aid and financial planning, including the application process, eligibility determination, financial aid disbursement, federal and state regulatory requirements, and institutional policy.
- Determine eligibility for financial aid by reviewing student’s eligibility criteria and monitor continued eligibility and update awards to resolve over awards as a result of changes to enrollment and/or receipt of external funding.
- Collect and compile data and perform federal verification for selected files; resolve data discrepancies as they are presented
- Perform Return of Title IV calculations
- Provide guidance for students seeking a resolution to economic hardship conditions through the identification of alternative financial resources and professional judgment
- Maintain working knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures related to financial aid
- Prepare and deliver financial aid presentations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Financial Aid Operations
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.