Outreach and Administrative Coordinator (7397U) 10570
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 18, 2020
The Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL), in collaboration with other universities, and state and federal organizations, operates seismic networks in northern California that provide rapid earthquake information, and earthquake early warnings to federal and state government organizations, emergency response entities, and to the public. In particular, the BSL contributes to and supports West Coast ShakeAlert Earthquake Early Warning System. For this and other related projects, the BSL is responsible for training, education and outreach activities. Additional administrative tasks are also associated with field work related to the project. This position will contribute to both these activities.
For ShakeAlert, they will administer interact with technical users, responding to connectivity requests and providing and managing other ShakeAlert information; and participate in coordinating ShakeAlert User Engagement Meetings. In addition, the role will provide administrative support to the field techs for logistical tasks such as purchasing, expense tracking, and inventorial equipment tracking.
- For the ShakeAlert project, the incumbent handles and coordinates activities with technical earthquake early warning (EEW) systems users, including such things as maintaining user databases including connectivity requests; acting as an informational and support resource for users; and providing a single point of contact at the BSL to handle confidential ShakeAlert information. The incumbent also participates in coordinating ShakeAlert User Engagement Meetings with both BSL and project partner staff. Tasks include preparing, editing and modifying documents such license materials, supporting USGS technical user databases, collecting credential requests, licensing information, application submissions and other connectivity requests.
- The incumbent provides administrative support for field operations, especially with logistical tasks such as paying and tracking utility (telemetry) bills and inventorial equipment tracking. Specific tasks include: gathering and reconciling Blucard receipts, including collecting and synthesizing necessary information, getting manager approval, and entering data for reconciliation; tracking inventorial equipment (purchases, deliveries, ensuring information is available for field manager, BETS team, and financial analyst, tagging property with IDs); and paying and tracking BSL utility and other ongoing bills with a Utility Card.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Working knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate proactively and independently to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze, research and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Working knowledge of applicable policy analysis techniques.
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly paid position, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 3-year, full-time contract positon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10570&PostingSeq=1