Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website. https://it.tufts.edu/
What You'll Do
As a senior member of the Enterprise Systems and Cloud Platform team, you will help develop and plan for the next generation of technology infrastructure solutions and will work cross functionally to bring robust, scalable, stable applications to the Tufts community. You will help define requirements for packaging of deliverables, installation methods, and all other needs to ensure platforms move to production efficiently and with stability utilizing on-premises and Cloud resources. This position will develop plans for the evolution of the centralized virtual infrastructure, define and implementation of cloud strategies, maintain ERP infrastructure and other Application stacks, and look to evolving technologies to increase the services provided to improve the enterprise-based services provided by the larger TTS team. Duties also include maintaining operational infrastructure, processing technical support tickets, documenting and knowledge transfer to fellow team members as required, and performing service checks for the deployed enterprise environment, and participating in off hours on call rotation.
What We're Looking For
• Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of progressive hands-on system administration experience in a complex heterogeneous environment
• 5+ years of operational or development/QA experience in Enterprise applications
• Strong communication skills and the ability to engage and work well with a remote workforce.
• Demonstrated experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Experience working with teams in an Agile development environment
• Familiarity with Linux configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
• Familiarity with Virtualization/orchestration, such as VMware, OpenShift, Kubernetes
• Familiarity with Relational Database technologies (MySQL)
• Creating and Documenting procedures for use within the teams
• Demonstrated ability to code in a scripting language (one or more: Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
• Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Firewall, VPN)
Preferred Experince, Education
Experience in systems evolution and change in a service-based environment.
• Experience with large-scale enterprise storage systems (SAN or NAS) as it pertains to archiving and storage-based service offering
• Working knowledge of Cisco UCS and F5 Load Balancers