The Career Design Center within Student Life invites applications for the Operations Assistant. In this role, you will complete financial management, human resource-related functions, and join a team that gives UB students new ways to think about designing their next steps, getting the answers they need and the opportunities they deserve.
Your responsibilities include:
- Monitor financial accounts, transactions and billing processes
- Perform routine monthly reconciliation and analysis
- Collaborate with Student Life Human Resources to coordinate the personnel aspects of the unit
- Coordinate maintenance, facilities and technical projects
- Provide liaison between the Director and the professional staff of the unit and University with respect to administrative matters
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and in a team setting is required.
One or more of the following:
- Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience or
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong project management experience and analytical skills.
- Strong computer/database skills.