Join our team in a role that will allow you to make a positive impact on the lives of animals and the humans they live with! Our outstanding benefits include Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement and Pet Care Benefits.
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University is looking for a new team member to join our Client Liaison team. The ideal candidate will have solid professional and computer skills, a passion for building relationships with internal and external clients and a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and humans alike. If you strive for excellence in everything you do and thrive in an inclusive and innovative environment, you belong at Cummings. Our integrated care teams combine state of the art science, clinical research, clinical expertise, and the human touch to provide veterinary care that goes above and beyond healing the patient to caring for the entire family.
Cummings provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
What You'll Do
The Client Service Liaison works as part of an integrated care team to provide high quality administrative support and service to external and internal customers. Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, facilitating communication with referring veterinarians, assisting general information callers, providing patient updates and managing patient records. Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the hospital.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Exceptional communication skills (In person, by telephone and by video conference)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
- Ability to effectively work as a positive member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Exceptional computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the proven ability to learn new software systems quickly. Able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Associates degree in relevant field of study.
- 3-5 years of remote or hybrid customer service experience, particularly in the fields of veterinary or human medicine.
- Certifications in client communications, client service proficiency and/or computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
- Experience in the Animal or Veterinary Industry.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- The Client Liaison office hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- This position will provide remote holiday and weekend on-call coverage at the Switchboard on a rotating basis.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.