Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations - University Advancement
Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations-University Advancement
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University is pursuing an ambitious future led by our 24th president, Montse Fuentes, PhD, who began her tenure in July 2021. Our new Strategic Plan 2027: A Destination University for a More Just World, is a roadmap that articulates how St. Edward's University will continue our ascent as a destination university known for excellence and enhancing our entire region. It is an exciting time at the university as we plan and prepare for a comprehensive fundraising campaign to support the goals identified in Strategic Plan 2027 which include academic excellence and distinction; diversity, equity, inclusion and justice; vibrant and inclusive campus; and Austin impact.
St. Edward's University of Austin, TX invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations. The Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations is responsible for understanding available media and technology platforms to provide expert planning and execution of communications and marketing initiatives for the Office of University Advancement. The position reports to the Director of Communications and Constituent Relations.
, BA/BS degree in related field of study, such as Digital Media Management is required. Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels. Minimum 5 years of experience in managing digital and social media communication including: planning, content development, analysis and reporting. In depth knowledge of most common social media platforms. In depth knowledge of web design, web development, HTML programming, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Illustrator. Excellent consulting, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing. Working knowledge of Google Analytics, along with other digital customer management systems. Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with ability to carry out multiple projects simultaneously and within specific deadline. May work some mornings, evenings, or weekends to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement innovative, effective and comprehensive strategies to create and manage University Advancement's social media presence on networking sites including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc. through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Expand stewardship capacities and increase stewardship efficiencies within the division through the use of different mediums (i.e. video, ThankView platform, etc.) Interview scholarship students for video/feature
- In coordination with the division and university partners, generate, edit, publish and share frequent content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action using available tools.
- Lead efforts to build online engagement, capture and engage new audiences, coordinate viral campaigns, and targeted online outreach programs to drive audiences to give time, talent, and/or treasure.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at: https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
HOW TO APPLY
- Create editorial calendars and schedules in collaboration with division and campus partners.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Create and maintain content for the division's web pages.
- Supervise student graphic design staff or interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.