Occupational Health Systems Analyst (7583U) 27461 - 1074
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
As a national collegiate leader, UC Berkeley's University Health Services (UHS) provides comprehensive medical, mental health, insurance and health promotion services to all Berkeley students, and a variety of health programs for faculty and staff. Approximately 65,000 visits occur annually including Primary Care, Urgent Care, Occupational Health and Specialty Clinics. Services are designed to minimize the impact of illness, emotional distress and injury on studies and work. Coupled with health promotion and public health programs, UHS reaches all segments of the Berkeley campus community. Learn more about us by visiting uhs.berkeley.edu
This is a critical Business Systems Analyst position primarily focused on the technical support, analysis, system development, and workflow support for the Occupational Health Clinic. The primary Electronic Health Record (EHR) System used by the Occupational Health Clinic is SYSTOC.
This position will also need to be familiar with the other EHR systems used throughout University Health Services (UHS), including a Practice Management system, Billing and Scheduling functionality; Pharmacy system, Laboratory system, ancillary systems for Radiology and Ultrasound, and a network of interfaces that interconnect and tie together these disparate systems.
- Applies professional concepts to formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Applies extensive skill and deep understanding of our health management systems (SYSTOC, Point and Click), combined with in-depth knowledge of clinical workflows to help implement technical solutions to solve complex problems.
- Analyzes business problems to create specifications for systems to meet user and business requirements.
- Helps identify process improvement opportunities and coordinate best practices across the organization for usage of our healthcare management systems.
- Gathers, analyzes and documents requirements and revises existing system logic issues.
- Prepares functional specifications and requirement documents for new systems and applications; leads requirements gathering sessions to identify and define new systems features and functionality.
- Validates requirements against needs.
- Executes test and Quality Assurance Plans; tests and evaluates impact of system and software changes and implementation of new system components.
- Applies professional concepts to design details of automated systems.
- Helps document business and clinical workflow and identifies system improvement and automation opportunities.
- Develops basic user interface designs.
- Regularly develops complex reports (from SYSTOC) and develops clinical EHR templates and clinical forms.
- Under general supervision, executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
- Develops and documents system test plans and executes extensive system testing.
- May participate in cross-functional teams to solve business or systems issues.
- Participates in cross-functional to identify opportunities for improvement and help implement best practices and workflow changes. Participates with technical peers to troubleshoot and identify root cause of complex system problems.
- Provides user support on new applications.
- Provides extensive technical support and end-user training on SYSTOC for all Occupational Health Clinic staff.
- Assists with the Request for Proposal (RFP) development process.
- Performs vendor product evaluation; provides input on RFPs and vendor product negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of business analysis function.
- Must have knowledge relating to the design of applications programs.
- Requires knowledge of other related areas of IT.
- Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Requires skills associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
- Requires interpersonal and communications skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Experience providing IT technical support, system and desktop workstation support, account management support.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA privacy and security rules and California state laws regulating privacy and confidentiality of health information.
- Experience working in healthcare and knowledge of clinical operations, clinical business processes, and clinical workflows.
- Experience with SYSTOC and Point and Click.
- Experience working with healthcare technology and Electronic Health Record systems.
Salary & Benefits
The hourly salary range of the position is $26.53 - $38.51, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of: Background Check, Acceptable Medical Evaluation that includes infectious disease surveillance and proof of current required vaccinations or immunity levels, and successful credentials verification (if applicable).
Employment is contingent upon passing a physical exam.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1074&PostingSeq=1