Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant III, Administrative
Job Description Summary:
To provide clerical and administrative support for High School Programs Enrollment and Partnerships Director and Department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Performs administrative duties for High School Programs Enrollment and Partnerships department in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including examining and answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications, processing mail, answering the telephone and email, arranging conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the supervisor's schedule.
2) Communicates program information and assists students.
3) Performs clerical duties including correspondence, ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
4) Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine and specialized reports and documents; maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking systems.
5) May design and produce handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals or other documents; may maintain or update webpages or use social media.
6) Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone; accesses and works with other staff to assist in resolving issues from students, employees, and the public.
7) Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may include scheduling department meetings and events, issuing invitations, arranging for location and equipment, typing minutes, and preparing information packets.
8) Compiles and produces routine reports or documents.
9) May input budget figures, prepare requisitions, maintain budget sheets, log and track expenditures or take payments, or assist in departmental procurement processes.
10) May serve as a technical resource for computer hardware and software and other office equipment such as copiers, laptop loaners, ID and fax machines.
11) May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as scheduling rooms, updating websites including social media pages, compiling information packets, creating spreadsheets, charts, and graphs, and other projects.
12) May oversee the work flow of others, as appropriate.
* Office procedures and practices.
* Customer service techniques.
* Basic bookkeeping procedures.
* Knowledge and understanding of underserved groups.
* Preparing and processing purchase orders and/or other purchasing liaison skills such as procurement card (P-Card) reconciliation, preparing requisitions, etc.
* Managing the budget within assigned department.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
* Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
* Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Familiarity with serving diverse populations. Familiarity with issues related to equity and inclusion.
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$41,600 - $46,949
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 14, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.