Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director - Grounds
Utah Valley University
Director - Grounds
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is seeking a Grounds Director. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Facilities and Planning, directs the operations of grounds keeping, irrigation, sports fields, snow removal, and urban forestry. Oversees these activities at satellite campus. Manages large grounds projects, plans and presents assessments of needs. Manages, evaluates, interviews, and oversees hiring. Keeps inventory of equipment and recommends replacements and new purchases.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in a related discipline plus three years of staff level experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of effective supervision.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations and methods of repairing equipment.
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance, horticulture standards, plant life, and landscape design.
- Knowledge of in-service training and staff development techniques.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of effective public relations techniques.
- Knowledge of effective methods of resolving immediate critical situations.
- Skills in effective problem-solving, decision making, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly making written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to apply effectively general principle to specific conditions.
- Able to make tables and charts to show work performance levels and improvements.
Graduation form an accredited institution with a masters degree in a related discipline plus 3 years of progressive management experience.
Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or some standing or walking. Work environment involves minor exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$48,117 - $64,157
STA145018 Grounds Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12032
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |