The Hospital for Large Animals at Tufts University is looking to add to our team of Large Animal Care Attendants. Otherwise known as "Barn Staff', this hard working group is responsible for providing daily care to patients, maintaining a clean and organized hospital, and collaborating with other departments to ensure that our daily operations flow seamlessly.
The Hospital for Large Animals and The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of large and small animals. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for TCSVM students, residents and interns and supports the training of veterinary technicians.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision, outstanding retirement options, generous paid vacation and Holidays, tuition reimbursement and pet care benefits.
What You'll Do
Daily duties include:
- Feeding patients, cleaning and disinfecting stalls
- Stocking feed and supplies
- Admitting and discharging patients.
The ideal candidate will project a professional and knowledgeable presence, have a passion for animals and a desire to make a difference in the lives of animals and humans.
If you are seeking a role which promotes growth, learning and values your contributions- you have found it. Our integrated care teams combine state of the art science, clinical research, clinical expertise, and the human touch to provide veterinary care that goes above and beyond healing the patient to caring for the entire family.
What We're Looking For
- 3 years’ minimum experience in handling of, and working around, large animals.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Vocational/technical training or Associates Degree and 3+ years of animal care experience.
- Experience in loading and unloading large animals.
- Experience in forklift operation.
- Physical ability and dexterity to handle livestock feed containers, bags of grain, bales of hay and straw.
- Ability and dexterity to operate forklifts and waste containers used to handle livestock waste materials
- Knowledge of feed and care requirements of various livestock.