The position of Student Success Librarian/Assistant Professor is a 12-month, tenure track appointment. Reporting to the Head of Research, Instruction and Engagement Services, this position supports the library’s teaching, outreach and engagement efforts and works collaboratively with the others to advance the university’s student success initiatives.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with campus units and programs that support academic preparedness and student success.
- Designs outreach initiatives and coordinates the library’s participation in campus-wide student orientation activities.
- Provides information literacy instruction through in-person and online sessions.
- Serves as a subject liaison to one of the university’s Colleges.
- Provides reference support during assigned hours.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including research, publication and professional service activities in order to meet the library’s criteria for promotion and tenure.
The work schedule includes some evenings and weekends.