The School of Business at the University of California, Riverside is a nationally ranked and internationally recognized AACSB-accredited business school. With over 14,000 alumni all over the world, it is home to the largest undergraduate business program in the University of California system, as well as to the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, which features MBA, Ph.D., Professional MBA, Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc), Master of Finance (MFin), and Master of Science in Business Analytics programs. The School of Business is positioned as a center of excellence in business education through cutting-edge research on the business challenges of the 21st century.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the incumbent will coordinate all special events and programs sponsored by the Undergraduate (UG) Programs Office, ie Student Development Fund, Coffee Chats and Business Student Leadership conference, includes all aspects of event management, ie logistics and purchasing. Provides advice and assistance to students on academic and degree progress and major requirements; assists students in determining a major, alternative academic options, resolve scheduling conflicts, and similar issues. The program coordinator will support Assistant Director with aspects of the enrollment management process which directly impacts students, faculty, teaching assistants and graduate advising department. This is an On-Campus Position
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment.
- Events: Coordinates and implements non-complex student events and assists in the planning and implementation of complex events.
- Coordinate all special events and programs sponsored by the Undergraduate (UG) Programs Office, i.e. Student Development Fund, Coffee Chats and Business Student Leadership conference, includes all aspects of event management, i.e. logistics and purchasing. Primary point of contact for all Business Student Organizations and UG Programs Office representative for the School of Business Leadership Council (SBLC). Provides support to all joint events planned within the School of Business, i.e. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), Etiquette Dinner and Commencement.
- Academic Advising: Provides advice and assistance to students on academic and degree progress and major requirements; assists students in determining a major, alternative academic options, resolve scheduling conflicts, and similar issues.
- Utilize Banner and other campus student information databases and CMS systems(ie BANNER and TargetX) to support academic advising, ie major changes, concentrations, graduation applications. Assist current and prospective students with general information about the Undergraduate Program, the School of Business, and UCR resources. Supporting academic advisors by coordinating advising related workshops and events, ie mandatory workshops and orientation. Primary individual responsible to manage the undergraduate email account.
- Support Assistant Director in all front desk operations. Including resolution of concerns or complaints and scheduling/rescheduling appointments. Supervise, hire, train and maintain work schedule for all student assistants assigned to front desk operations. Compiles and prepares all purchasing documentation and works with the Dean's office Transactors on behalf of the Undergraduate Program including reimbursements, P. Os, campus recharges, and travel. Works with the Director and Assistant Director to verify and track UG budget and fund availability and ensure that all requests are in compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Applies professional student services concepts in providing a variety of student services to the student population served by the organization, and to faculty and management within that organization.
- Provide support and maintain office hours for Teaching Assistants, Student Organizations and Lecturers located in the Undergraduate office. Ensure instructional and testing materials are obtained and delivered in a timely manner to faculty and Teaching Assistants. Support Assistant Director with aspects of the enrollment management process which directly impacts students, faculty, teaching assistants and graduate advising department.
- Communications/Marketing: Develop and implement undergraduate office student assistant handbook. Creating and maintaining Canvas/eLearn accounts with Undergraduate Business Programs information. Responsible for maintaining all aspects of the UG email account ie, general email correspondence to students and stakeholders. Monitoring and updating (as needed) UG databases, website and social media accounts.
- Student Orientation: Conducts orientations of new students.
- Coordinate orientation(s) for new School of Business undergraduate students.
- Support recruitment and admissions initiatives as needed when assigned by Director and Assistant Director. Helps coordinate business specific recruitment and admissions events. On occasion, visits to high schools and community colleges maybe required.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
2 - 4 years of related experience.
Ability in problem identification and reasoning.
Skills in service orientation, organization, active listening, and critical thinking.
Ability to multi-task; verbal and written communication skills.
Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
For a detailed position description, and required qualifications, and to apply for this position, please visit the UCR Human Resources website at http://jobs.ucr.edu and look for job number 28927511.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans Employer.