Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is seeking a Laboratory Manager to maintain the departmental instructional laboratories and instrumentation.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Oversees and maintains instructional lab operations. Prepares the laboratories for the respective laboratory courses. Orders, restocks, and catalogs the supplies in the labs.
- Experienced in using various biochemical and/or chemical instruments. Ability to learn new instrumentation.
- Maintains instrumentation in the instructional laboratories and ensures proper operation. Communicates with instrument companies and schedules service visits if needed. Communicates with laboratory instructors about instrumentation and laboratory status.
- Oversees the preparation of solutions/chemicals for the lab courses as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Graduate degree is considered a plus.
- At least four years of experience preferred.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Laboratory-Manager_R0001847-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.