The Office of International Admissions, under the purview of the Enrollment Management division, invites applicants for an exciting and important position as an International Admissions Advisor. This is a perfect position for a person passionate about helping aspiring college students through the college admissions process from first contact to an enrolled student at UB.
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of International Admissions and Enrollment, the International Admissions Advisor will find an exciting career assisting international students through the recruitment, admissions and enrolling processes for the University at Buffalo, New York’s flagship.
This career opportunity will be attractive if you have a Bachelor’s degree with experience in fields working with high school students, public service, hospitality, or in a profession that requires attention to details for processes and procedures. This position resides in a college admission setting working with college-bound students, therefore preferable experience in a teaching, student services, admission or counseling environment would bring desired qualities to this opportunity.
Key duties include:
- Advises prospective students and their families concerning UB application requirements and criteria, academic programs, admission policies and procedures. This includes fielding phone inquiries, in-person appointments, and group presentations.
- Performs detailed and personalized outreach to prospective students, such as: in-person and virtual admissions presentations, events and receptions, phone calling, emailing, and other communications as needed.
- Assist with all phases of the undergraduate and graduate application process and decision making.
- Verifying and evaluating foreign and domestic academic credentials; verifying and evaluating financial and immigration documents. Determine immigration status, evaluate immigration-related documents, prepare and issue I-20s to incoming students.
- Create and maintain records, enter data, and validate data in multiple databases / systems.
- File review activities include monitoring and completing files for completeness.
- Interpret and transmit information to students, counselors, university administrators, and academic units in a manner that exudes high-quality customer and student service.
- This position does not require domestic out of state or international travel. However, if there is interest in developing new professional skills and or advancing in college admissions, we will provide this opportunity through an in-house training growth and training program to prepare you for promotion to successfully perform the duties of an Admissions Counselor.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required for this position in order to access government databases and issue I-20s.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of two years experience working in a college admission setting or working with K-12 students. Preferably, experience in college admission and counseling. Experience with Windows based computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required for this position in order to access government databases and issue I-20s.
Experience in higher education.
Direct experience in international admissions.
Experience with Data Information Systems, Slate, Sunapsis, SEVIS, and other systems.
Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and technology competence. Domestic or international travel experience