This is a first-line position in which the candidate should expect to spend a majority of their time in the field assisting a Trades Generalist in responding to daily service requests (work orders) in support of the University’s energy management equipment. This equipment consist of the building automation direct digital controllers, air handlers, VAV boxes, fin radiation, fan coils, exhaust fans, heat pumps, humidifiers, heat recovery units, and other heating, cooling and ventilation systems on campus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to daily service requests (work orders)
- Assist journey level trades to diagnose, troubleshoot and service building automation systems (BAS) and electrical/mechanical equipment of all types found on campus. These are mechanical, electrical and computerized equipment used to perform energy management and climate control.
- Use computer to document service work performed
- Assist journey level trades in the removal or installation of electrical/mechanical building control equipment and systems
- Assist journey level trades involved in all facets of small mechanical equipment and BCS projects
- Provide high level of customer service
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.