Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant - Cal Performances (7384U) 25284
University of California, Berkeley
Executive Assistant - Cal Performances (7384U) 25284
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The mission of Cal Performances is to inspire, nurture, and sustain a lifelong appreciation for the performing arts. Cal Performances, the performing arts presenter and producer of the University of California, Berkeley, fulfills this mission by presenting, producing and commissioning outstanding artists, both renowned and emerging, to serve the University and the broader public through performances and education and community programs.
The Executive Assistant reports to and provides high level administrative support for the Executive and Artistic Director (EAD) of Cal Performances as well as scheduling and some administrative support for the Deputy Executive Director (DED). The Executive Assistant operates with a high degree of autonomy based on a thorough knowledge of the EAD's priorities, goals, and timelines. The incumbent manages the Executive Office, handles complex scheduling, arranges meetings with campus partners as well as arts management and industry professionals, coordinates communications and meeting materials as needed, plans and administers all logistics for occasional special events, arranges travel and all logistics related to travel for the EAD, works on projects requiring confidentiality and discretion.
The Executive Assistant also serves as liaison to the Board of Trustees, working closely with Development and members of board leadership throughout the year, particularly during the performance season from September through May.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 10/26/2021
Executive Office Support
Oversees and ensures the efficient daily administrative operations of the Executive Office. Handles administrative details on a variety of matters including, but not limited to;
- Complex calendaring and meeting coordination with Cal Performances' Senior Leadership as well as with campus partners and industry professionals.
- Manages the Executive meeting calendar; understands the requirements of the EAD, prioritizes issues according to urgency; allocates time appropriately.
- Manages the calendar of the Deputy Executive Director; understands the requirements of the DED; prioritizes issues according to urgency; allocates time appropriately.
- Attends meetings as requested by the EAD, prepares relevant meeting materials, documents meetings and provides meeting minutes.
- Maintains a cohesive online filing system for the Executive office.
- Monitors and prioritizes emails, answers phones.
- Makes complex travel arrangements for the EAD as they arise.
- Processes and monitors all travel and entertainment reimbursements for the EAD, providing exception memos as necessary.
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient and effective organizational systems; manages information, projects and communications.
- Serves as a strong liaison between the EAD and University administration, high-level donors, agents, artists, staff, and others. Stewards important relationships; assists individuals (UC officials, artists, agents, diplomats, donors) on behalf of the Director, as necessary.
- Arranges all logistics for special meetings and receptions, including identifying meeting space/venue, caterer, parking, and payment of vendors.
- Serves as administrative support for meetings of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Steering Committee of the staff.
Manages and monitors projects in which the EAD is involved.
Board of Trustees Support
- Identifies and gathers relevant data, maintains deadlines, reminds the EAD of matters that require immediate attention, and offers assistance and analytical support.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes, and summarizes information; provides background information, talking points, reports, and briefing materials for the Director as needed.
Working with board leadership, the Executive Assistant helps facilitate activities of the Board of Trustees including, but not limited to;
- Manages the creation and implementation of the Board of Trustees annual calendar. To include meetings for the Finance Committee, Committee on Trustees, Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees. Prepares and distributes all relevant meeting materials, and documents and provides meeting minutes for the Committee on Trustees, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Trustees. Plans and administers all logistics for the Board of Trustees meeting locations; securing venues, contracts, insurance, etc. Plans and administers all logistics for selected board receptions. Updates and maintains all trustee lists. Maintains online files providing website access to trustees. Procures traditional trustee awards/gifts for departing trustees, compiling and submitting all necessary paperwork and exception memos. Serves as liaison for trustees, helping/assisting/working with them on any issue they raise.
- Forwards situations and issues presented by Board members, donors, staff, faculty, and external constituents to appropriate staff members for resolution. Responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students and the public on behalf of the Director. Composes and edits written documents for the Director, such as agendas, summaries, reports, letters, directives, and visual presentations. Produces meetings minutes as required.
- 3-5 years' experience providing high-level administrative support for an executive office.
- Thorough knowledge of campus-specific computer application programs, including the bConnected (Google Suite), specifically Google Calendar, Google Mail, Travel & Entertainment system CalTime, BearBuy, and others.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), and Adobe Plus Pro DC.
- Strong familiarity with campus processes, protocols, and procedures.
- Strong verbal communications skills; able to convey requisite information quickly and concisely, and actively listens to information being conveyed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, campus partners, trustees/donors, and industry professionals; verbally and in writing.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and other business English and written/composition skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Must have great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting due dates.
- Must work effectively under pressure. Ability to work within tight deadlines and multi-task within demanding timeframes.
- Exceptional customer services skills with a diverse populations (i.e.; multi-lingual, multi-national, socially diverse).
- Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
- Able to use and maintain a high-level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Models professional behaviors of conduct and decorum; acts with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong team player; assists others when necessary and appropriate.
- Adaptable to changing situations and priorities.
- Learns new tasks and job assignments quickly.
- Work day potentially requires long hours and occasional weekends.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=25284&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |