Membership Coordinator (4722C), BAMPFA - 2117 - 2117
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 28, 2019
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art and film. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for presenting one of the most active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources.
BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future. For more information, visit our website http://bampfa.org
With considerable independence and initiative, the Membership Coordinator implements the BAMPFA general membership program. This position is responsible for overseeing and stewarding the membership base of over 4,000 and for fostering a lively, positive, social, and engaging experience for members.
- Implement solicitations, renewals, benefit fulfillment, recruitment, retention, and data entry.
- Coordinate membership strategies and produce and implement compelling appeals, direct mail solicitations, invitations, and related promotional materials.
- Help plan, coordinate, and ensure the continuity of all communications in our multi-platform membership acquisition and customer service program.
- Manage Big Give initiative on behalf of BAMPFA.
- Oversee communications with members and donor groups through email communications, written correspondence, publications, BAMPFA website, invitations, and other devices.
- Work closely with Visitor Services staff and student employees, regarding membership sales training, acquisition campaigns, promotions, and customer service.
- Create and maintain constituent records in multiple database systems (Filemaker, CADS, and Excel) for members and select visitors.
- Process membership and special initiative gifts and prepare the deposit.
- Upload and update member emails into the email database monthly, investigating and correcting any errors or inconsistencies between databases.
- Carry out research, identification, and segmentation of membership prospects and coordinate arrangements for list exchanges and rentals.
- Serve as mailing list processor for development department.
- Produce and mail membership acknowledgments, including sending membership cards, welcome packages, gift memberships, and replacement cards.
- Assist with producing membership solicitations, including monthly renewals, acquisition, and reinstatement appeals and annual fund appeal.
- Supervise work-study assistants who help with benefits fulfillment, special membership initiatives, and in-house customer service.
- Maintain inventory of membership supplies and materials and oversees distribution of materials to all customer contact locations.
- Provide membership customer service support by answering the membership hotline and responding to emails from members and comment cards.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Highly developed writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated skills in creating data files, reports, and budgets using fundraising databases and spreadsheet programs.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Tact and diplomacy, confidentiality, and the ability to work helpfully and effectively with members and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively and cordially with major donors, trustees, community partners, and BAMPFA and university staff.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time management skills, particularly the ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency, especially with Word and Excel, including mail merge.
- Ability to work on a computer 8 hours per day.
- Ability to safely lift 25 pounds.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Background in and enthusiasm for film and art.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Filemaker and fundraising applications experience.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay will be commensurate with experience, within the negotiated Union steps.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2117&PostingSeq=1