Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Residential Facilities Coordinator
Shift: Monday - Friday, 10:00 - 6:00pm
The Facilities Coordinator is an essential component to the success and overall function of the Residential Facilities Office. The incumbent is responsible for the management of Daily Operations, Quality Assurance and creating logistics plans as it directly relates to assigned projects and activities within the department.
What You'll Do
The facilities coordinator reports to the Senior Residential Facilities Manager, working in conjunction with Conference Bureau, Office of Residential Life & Learning, Operations Control Center and is responsible for the following activities:
- Manage the overall activities of the Daily Operations and Work Order Management as it relates to the Residential Halls and Dining Facilities
- Oversight of Preventive Maintenance requirements
- Assist with management of pesticide maintenance program
- Tracking daily department activity and issuing weekly department report
- Scheduling facility related vendors / contractors
- Assist with budget research and estimating
- Coordinate with Capital Projects and project plan with tasks/deliverables/milestones/timeframes and keep the manager abreast of all relevant information.
- Implement and Coordinate Training Sessions for the Office of Residential Life & Learning Team as it relates to educating the Residential Assistants and Appropriate Stakeholders of the latest policies and procedures in Residential Facilities.
- Maintain an active log/spreadsheet of all student billing utilizing both Maximo and StarRez and keep all stakeholders apprised of quarterly reports.
- Coordinate yearly inspections with city inspectors on both the Medford/Somerville sides and ensure all the paperwork is completed in a timely fashion and all deadlines are being met. Important to keep Manager appraised of status throughout entire process.
- Identify areas for improvement throughout the Residential Facilities and create proposals for opportunities for efficiencies and improvements
- Create weekly reports to illustrate large events taking place on campus as it relates to Residential Life and Residential Facilities resources.
- Assist in the monitoring and assessment of vendor performance
- Assist with site inspection within the assigned building portfolio
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Keep Manager/Team updated on latest projects, updates on conference bureau, deficiencies in the halls etc.
- Collaborate with Manager and Conference Bureau Staff to line up summer operations.
- Document buildings projected to be offline due to construction projects
- Proficient with the use of a scheduling tool to outline summer operations with timelines
- Keep Manager/Team informed of paint schedule, floor replacement, lighting projects and maintenance initiatives taking place in the halls.
- Quality Assurance Program should include specifics as to best practices with respect to inspections, use of trade professionals, use of Maximo to track progress in the halls
- Development of monthly schedule and task assignments in collaboration with trades professionals.
- Collaborate with our moving services to complete repairs in the halls.
- Ongoing review and inspection of progress to plan
- Identification of opportunities for efficiencies and improvements
- Take initiative on the prioritization and implementation of programs to achieve ongoing process on identified opportunities
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 4-6 years of Facilities Management experience, Operations Management or Hospitality Field or relevant experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving and maintaining a proactive and diplomatic demeanor in a complex, ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a rapidly changing environment, and ambiguous/complex situations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, MAXIMO
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to work with all levels of trades professionals, managers, and customers.
- Experience with data entry, expansive reporting, filing, answering phones, scheduling, and communications
- Prior experience working in the facilities/property management, commercial real estate or professional services industries preferred
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |