Tufts COMPARATIVE MEDICINE SERVICES (TUFTS-CMS) provides facilities, services, and information to facilitate effective research using laboratory animals at Tufts University and Tufts Medical Center in Boston and Tufts University in Medford. tufts-cms is also obligated to insure that animal care procedures and animal experimentation comply with federal, state, and local regulations. The management and operation of the animal care activities of all sites are integral to the animal care and use program. All centralized facilities are located within a 2-block radius, either in Boston or Medford and house in excess of 40,000 animals daily.
What You'll Do
Performs day to day administrative duties, animal ordering, greeting and directing visitors, answering telephone calls and other varied duties according to established policies and procedures. Manage the Senior Director’s calendar as well as schedule meetings on and off campus. Primary responsibilities include purchasing laboratory animals for both the Boston and Medford Campuses. Serves as a resource person to investigators and Tufts-CMS on issues related to animal ordering. This position requires the frequent use of independent judgment in determining work priorities and good attention to detail. Cross-Training in other job functions within Administration is required.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and ability generally through completion of high school plus education equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in business or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of administrative experience in a medical, academic, or business setting.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of computers especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- The candidate should possess the ability to communicate with all levels of faculty and staff within the institutions in an accurate and concise manner.
- Must be able to follow the guidelines, policies and procedures of the department and the institutions.
- Must be able to learn new task and functions quickly, accurately and efficiently as new projects arise
- Must be capable of functioning independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and superb organizational skills.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.