Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
In coordination with faculty, operates and manages the Physics introductory laboratories.
- Set up laboratory equipment for introductory physics laboratories with the help of graduate teaching assistants and peer learning assistants.
- Maintains introductory Physics laboratory rooms (currently OH 114, OH117, OH208 and OH211 with the associated preparation rooms) and the demonstration room (OH109A) in proper order.
- Maintains, organizes, repairs, and/or replaces introductory physics laboratory equipment, computers, and software.
- Schedules introductory laboratory experiments and makeup sessions in coordination with the associated faculty and the Department Office.
- Be assigned, as needed, introductory laboratory sections, as lead or back-up instructor.
- Maintains laboratory student attendance and grade records.
- Supervises and helps train Graduate Teaching Assistants and Peer Learning Assistants in their work in the introductory laboratories.
- Participates in the process of creating new laboratory exercises with faculty, including evaluation and testing of new laboratory activities.
- Helps create, maintain, and update the introductory laboratory manuals, including electronic versions for dissemination on the Learning Management System.
- Supports Departmental and WPI outreach activities.
- Helps create, maintain, organize and set-up, Physics demonstrations for the introductory courses and outreach activities.
- Co-Advising on undergraduate student projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An advanced degree in Physics is preferred but candidates with a Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) in Physics or a closely related field with suitable experience will also receive full
- Familiarity with common undergraduate laboratory equipment.
- Preference for some education experience or with operations of undergraduate science laboratories.
To apply please attach a current resume.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Lab-Manager_R0000483
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |