The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is the largest college on the Denton campus and includes 15 academic departments, a named school, 2 ROTC detachments and multiple interdisciplinary programs and centers. The College delivers the majority of academic core requirements for all undergraduates while providing bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees to students in our units.
To perform responsible and often highly sensitive and confidential administrative assignments for the Executive Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. Particular responsibility for day-to-day operation of the Executive Dean’s Office. That is, the position serves as Assistant to the Executive Dean and as the office manager.
Bachelor’s Degree and five years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple
tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex
nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned
- Supervisory skills.
Knowledge about higher education; knowledge about faculty hiring, promotion and tenure; experience with Perceptive Content software