Post-Award provides financial oversight of all sponsored award activities from set up to closeout, and is part of of the Finance Division, Office of the Controller.
What You'll Do
Under direct supervision, the Asscociate Post Award Financial Specalist administers fiscal aspects of sponsored grants and contracts in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements and university policy. Assists with cash management activities including billing and collection. Analyzes grant financial activity and assists with posting financial data in the general ledger. Provides customer service to faculty and administrators and may participate in special projects.
- Maintains fiscal integrity of assigned portfolio of grants and contracts by managing receivables, collecting cash, projecting cash needs, accurately depositing cash receipts and reviewing for compliance with university, federal and other sponsor regulations. Creates and monitors grant payment terms in university ERP.
- Works with manager and specialists to prepare and submit accurate and timely bills to sponsoring agencies. Facilitates communication when payments are based on deliverables and tasks to avoid delinquent reports.
- Assists with processing journal entries in enterprise financial system and provides support to manager and specialists.
- Maintains documentation, prepares meeting minutes, gathers information, and assists with administrative support as necessary.
- Acts as resource for university research community by responding to inquiries and providing guidance.
- May participate in special projects, audits and assists with ad-hoc report requests.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through an Associate's degree and 0-2 years of related experience.
- Financial office knowledge and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and standard office equipment. Ability and willingness to adapt and acquire new technical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position works mostly remotely, but must attend the occasional onsite staff meeting. This position also needs to be avaiable as back up for onsite check pickups.
Minimum $26.40, Midpoint $31.40, Maximum $36.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.