Inclusive Excellence Education Coordinator
The Office of Inclusive Excellence is responsible for providing Georgia Southern University with educational opportunities to deepen and expand our capacity to create more inclusive environments within the University community. The Inclusive Excellence Education Coordinator is designed to support the Office of Inclusive Excellence (IE). This position will focus primarily on campus wide initiatives related to training, student engagement, and program development, as well as providing logistical support to the Office of IE. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Inclusive Excellence and Chief Diversity Officer.
- Research local, national, and global issues that can inform relevance of training content and make recommendations for revisions to training content
- Direct projects delegated by the AVP/CDO by designing goals, establishing and revising objectives and time frames, adhering to state and college standards, acting as principal contact person, and ensuring proper administration and implementation
- Assist with implementation, communication, and logistics of the Inclusive Excellence Action Plan
- Review evaluations and assess outcomes of IE training sessions and make recommendations for training revisions
- Monitor and organize arrangements for all events, retreats, campus meetings, activities, and travel involving IE trainings
- Manage IE webpage with updates and respond to feedback
- Assist with response to community inquiries and requests for training and development
- Coordinate logistics of all IE efforts within the Office of Inclusive Excellence
- Develop course content and identify subject-matter experts to present content
- Collaborate with Human Resources on annual compliance topics related to IE
- Coordinate and execute Inclusive Excellence training for employees
- Coordinate university-wide IE professional development opportunities
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Develop and coordinate a social justice program and ally development series for students
- Conduct and execute IE trainings for students and student groups
- Develop innovative ways to increase student engagement with IE initiatives
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Minimum one-year experience of developing and conducting social justice training for staff, faculty, or students
- Program development and management experience
- Experience designing and conducting student leadership development experiences
- Experience advising student organizations
- Experience with research engines and organizing research and recommendations
- Webpage management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to anticipate needs and prioritize tasks
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrated capacity to design and facilitate trainings to deepen skills and knowledge for the purpose of creating greater equity and inclusion on college campuses
- Demonstrated commitment and engagement with inclusive excellence and social justice efforts within a higher education, not-for-profit organizations, or K-12 settings
- Demonstrated attention to detail with strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Effective communication and human relations skills
August 28, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40-hours, including nights and weekends
- Occasional travel may be required
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic student population
Standard and Education
3900600141 - AVP Inclusive Excellence
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=219990&PostingSeq=1