Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant, Office of the President
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide organizational and administrative support of a confidential nature to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant will act as liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills, exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups, as well as the ability to proactively solve problems and independently handle issues.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for the office and will support both individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, and routine day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have proven experience working successfully with individuals across a broad spectrum of identifies and perspectives.
Calendar Coordination & Meeting Coordination
- Coordinate calendars, using judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Office's priorities and needs;
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls for the Office as well as University events and meetings;
- Coordinate meeting logistics including location reservations, catering and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas;
- Attend meetings and manage meeting minutes as requested.
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Organize and maintain the workings of the Office of the President, including but not limited to processing of invoices, expense reports and credit card statements; ordering supplies, record and maintenance requests and basic bookkeeping;
- Prepare purchase orders as needed for orders, programs, projects and other University commitments, including faculty, visitor, and speaker reimbursements and honorarium payments and trainings;
- Coordinate the President's Office events and related programs;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support;
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Office of the President for internal and external constituencies;
- Coordinate communications from Office of the President to internal and external constituents;
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Make autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments, including forwarding questions and requests to other senior staff;
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email;
- May draft and/or proofread emails, letters, reports, or other documents.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and the Google platform;
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Suites;
Required Application Materials
- 4+ years of professional experience, administrative or executive assistant experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with individuals across a broad range of identities, perspectives, etc.;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with accounting practices for budgetary responsibilities;
- Prior experience in higher education administration a plus.
This is a 40-hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant--Office-of-the-President_R06133
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |