The Donor Relations Officer supports a comprehensive donor recognition and stewardship program for the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering. The Donor Relations Officer will help promote a consistent cycle of cultivation and recognition through the prompt acknowledgment of gifts, reporting on donor endowed funds, and supporting the scholarship stewardship program
What You'll Do
The Donor Relations Officer:
• Manage the Deans’ acknowledgement letter processes for the School of Arts & Science and School of Engineering. Review weekly gift reports, work with development officers on personalization, and ensure the timely acknowledgment of gifts according to gift level guidelines.
• Draft, review, and update acknowledgement letter language on a regular basis
• Become familiar with each school’s programs and departments in order to tailor letters as much as possible to the specific gift.
• Manage the undergraduate scholarship stewardship program, working in partnership with the Office of Financial Aid
• Assist with the annual reporting for endowed funds and current use funds that support fellowships, internships, library funds, Summer Scholars, and more.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the Advancement database, including fund descriptions, donor and stewardee relationships, reporting needs and financial data.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years’ experience in development, donor relations, alumni relations or a comparable or related field
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management skills
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exhibit strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize projects
• Proactively address potential problems
• Exercise extreme attention to detail
• Demonstrates exceptional client service focus and ability to interact efficiently and effectively with a wide range of constituents both internal and external
Minimum $46,700.00, Midpoint $58,450.00, Maximum $70,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.