If you are an animal lover and are passionate about their well-being, we welcome your consideration and exploration of joining our team! We are currently hiring at Tuft’s Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in Grafton. If you are seeking a position which recognizes growth, learning, and values your contributions – you have found it. If you strive for excellence in everything you do and thrive in an inclusive and innovative environment, you belong at Tufts. Our outstanding benefits included Medical/ Dental/ Vision, Retirement Options, Generous Paid Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, CE Allowance, and Pet Care Benefits for both full-time and part-time positions.
We are currently hiring for a veterinary technician to be an intrinsic member of our anesthesia department providing excellence in care to our large animal hospital. Working in the large animal hospital is simply awesome. The service has over 30 years of experience in training people to perform anesthesia. We welcome applicants of all skills levels to be part of anesthesia team with an extensive training program for less experienced technicians that includes one on one mentorship.
For informal inquiry or additional questions please feel free to email email@example.com. To apply online visit www.tufts.edu.careers.
What You'll Do
This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus following successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired employees.
As a technician on this team, you will be trained to handle anesthesia of all kinds, as well as how to assist veterinary students as they learn anesthesia. You will be taught to manage a busy and diverse caseload. Accurately assess changes in patient parameters and work with students and clinicians on appropriate administration and intervention. Monitor, manage and implement procedures as ordered by clinicians. Provide high level technical assistance for all clinical facets of caring for the animals entrusted to our care. Facilitate excellent, and efficient functioning for all assigned duties.
What We're Looking For
- High emotional intelligence
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Engaged learner; Highly motivated to improve your knowledge base and skill set.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology or a high school diploma (or the equivalent). Minimum two year of veterinary technician experience.
- CVT or minimum of 2-3 years working as a veterinary technician not as a CVT
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Basic skill set in IV catheter placement, animal handling and restraint, phlebotomy
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to receive work direction from others and function as a team member
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Interest to learn advanced anesthesia practices/protocols/patient assessment
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position works a four-day work week, with rotating schedule.
- This position may be scheduled to work on Saturdays and evenings. Once trained, this position will participate in a rotating on call emergency schedule which includes weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity