The University at Buffalo invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. The State University of New York at Buffalo is a NCAA FBS Division 1 institution, in the Mid-American Conference (MAC). The incumbent will work with student-athletes, coaches, and sports performance staff regarding prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by intercollegiate student-athletes participating in Division I Sports Programs.
- Assist with the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by intercollegiate student-athletes.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the Athletic Training Facilities.
- Schedule and coordinate all medical appointments for student-athletes in designated sports programs.
- Maintain accurate daily injury reports, treatment reports, and rehabilitation notes for all student-athletes.
- Attend home and away games with the designated sports programs and attend all practices. Travel and non-traditional work schedule is required for this position.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization. Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and State Licensure required. Relevant experience in sports medicine field. Division I FBS intercollegiate athletics experience. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills; Possess a high-level understanding of athletic training.
Master’s degree in related field.