Institutional Research, Assessment, Accreditation and Planning (IRAAP)
Posting Closing Date:
October 15, 2019
Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
This means any applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS_:_
The work involves supporting college staff on reporting related to student success metrics. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the Vice Provost of Institutional Research, Assessment, Accreditation, and Planning or other staff. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES_:_
- Design, create and distribute reports using business intelligence, data extraction, and visualization software, including MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau, structured query language, and Workday;
- Specialize in student success reporting, focusing on course success as well as program enrollment, persistence, retention, graduation and post-college outcomes;
- Collaborate with information requesters to determine reporting requirements and create reports that meet the user’s needs;
- Train staff on how to access and run business intelligence reports;
- Use current software solutions to build visualizations for end users;
- Conduct error checks on various college reports to improve data quality;
- Assist with statistical analysis of student information relative to enrollment, persistence and retention, graduation, employment, and transfer outcomes;
- Develop technical documentation and training manuals;
- Keep abreast of new technologies and skills relevant to the position;
- Travel regionally two to three times per year in support of professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES_:_
Knowledge of data reporting concepts and principles associated with the development and distribution of reports and data visualizations; an understanding of basic principles of data science; knowledge of statistics at a basic to intermediate level; ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing; sound judgment; dependability; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Philosophy (with emphasis on logic), or a related field; Preferred candidates have 2-4 years work experience.
*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
Experience creating reports and dashboards with at least some of the following: MS Excel, Tableau, and Power BI. Good familiarity with structured query language (SQL).
_Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements. This is a grant-funded position and is renewed on an annual basis according to availability of funds. _
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Tracy Archie, Chief Diversity Officer
Office of Equity and Diversity
City Campus, Room 174, 121 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: mailto:OCR.NewYork@ed.govOCR.NewYork@ed.gov.